Sunday, May 12, 2013

No Mas

Over the years, there are race events that for whatever reason have just not been successful for me. After 2 attempts, I seem to be stuck in the same pattern with these races. Why? Sometimes it has been the time of year or the course doesn't fit me. Other times, I just think it is bad luck.

So about 2 years ago, I created a new rule. If after 2 attempts at the same race, I am stuck in the same pile of poo, then the event is on the blacklist. No sense in me attempting the event ever again.  I can just tell it is time to move on with these events.  It is more than I run bad.  I fell lousy competing and do not enjoy the event.

I am out to have fun at my age so getting frustrated with a bad experience and going thru it twice sucks. The
definition of insanity is to try to repeat the same thing over and over again.  There are so many races out there that dropping a few out of my life really doesn't limit my options. If I can't find out how to fix the first experience the second go around, enough!

So here is my recent list.  My apologies to those who dig these races but they just do not work for me

RFYL 4 miler - The course changed to a new location last year which makes it tempting but I have had 2 fails with this race when it started/finished out of the RFYL Dilworth location.  No mas!

OrthoCarolina - hilly, hot, humid, I usually ramp up my marathon training.  I have completely sucked at this race.  No mas!

Thunder Road Marathon - Ughhhh!!!!  3 attempts, 2 DNFs and 1 sub-par finish.  I have lined up for this one twice (both DNFs) when I should not have even started the race.  This course has absolutely eaten me up.  No mas!

CPCC 5K Skyline - Everyone talks about how fast this course is.  In two attempts, I have run sub-par and suck.  Not sure why but just doesn't work for me.  No mas!

King Tiger 5K - While I have only competed in this race once, I purposely avoided it for several years as I sensed it was a race that doesn't fit me.  Sure as heck, ran it in 2013 and yup, sux.  An early No mas!

Brixx 10K - Another race that I think is a victim of the time of year for me as I have raced it tired twice.  However, both times have not been fun nor rewarding results.  No mas!

No comments:

Post a Comment